1. The main goals of the energy policy in the fields of activity and objects of JSC “Pasažieru vilciens”:
1.1. support for energy saving development (promotional, educational, analytical, monitoring, and control activities);
1.2. monitoring of efficient consumption of energy resources.
2. The activity of JSC “Pasažieru vilciens” is aimed at the continuous improvement of its energy indicators by means of organizational, economic, financial, technical, and technological measures in order to reduce the energy consumption and to introduce energy-efficient technologies.
3. Energy policy is binding to all the JSC “Pasažieru vilciens” employees.
4. The activity of JSC "Pasažieru vilciens" is based on the requirements of ISO standard 50001 “Energy management systems. Requirements with guidance for use” and follows the regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia in the field of energy use and energy efficiency binding to the company.
5. All the employees of JSC “Pasažieru vilciens” and interested parties are aware of the energy policy.